Well, good news! A November 2013 update has been released and it fixes calendar-based presence updates, among other things listed below.
As a bonus, we now also get pictures inline with the chat.
Original KB article here:
- 2907820 Inconsistent format and duplicate telephone numbers are displayed in a contact card in Lync 2013
- 2898888 Lync 2013 crashes when an RCC-enabled user signs in
- 2898886 "Presence unknown" status for a contact in a federated environment or a different front-end pool is displayed in Lync 2013
- 2898887 User cannot call another user by clicking a telephone number hyperlink in a contact card in Lync 2013
- 2883716 Presence status isn’t updated based on Exchange calendar in Lync 2013
- 2880161 You can't drag a contact from Lync 2013 to another application
- 2880163 Proxy authentication dialog box appears when you sign in to Lync 2013
- 2880164 Instant message sent from Lync Web App displays wrong symbols in Lync 2013
- 2880167 Can’t sign in to Lync 2013 when a user logs on to a computer by using an account from a different AD forest
- 2882812 A proxy authentication dialog box appears when you upload a PowerPoint presentation in Lync 2013
- 2882813 Can’t sign in to Lync 2013 on a computer that is running Windows 7
- 2882814 Extended character is displayed incorrectly in a disclaimer in Lync 2013
- 2854650 You cannot start a collaboration application that is integrated with Lync 2013
- Some components in the contextual Mini toolbar and ribbon appear blurry.
- When you use a UIA-based screen reader (such as Microsoft Narrator) to read a message, the shapes and images are not read by the UIA-based screen reader.
- The inline attachment is read as "image" instead of as "attachment" by UIA-based screen reader such as Narrator.
Updates can be directly downloaded here: